Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I use 16bugs instead of another solution?
You should do it for a lot of reasons. Here are a few:
- It's hosted: no special hardware needed, no complex setup. It just works!
- Built with easiness in mind
- Because not each one of your users is a rocket scientist: they just want to send you a bug
- Easily expandable
- It's good for both developers and Web designers
- ...and it looks cool! ;)
- What are the requirements to use 16bugs?
- You simply need a browser and Internet connection (we assume you're already set given you're reading this).
16bugs was created with Safari and Firefox in mind, but it was tested with Internet Explorer, too. As long as you have cookies and Javscript enabled, and are running a modern browser, everything should work fine.
- Can I install 16bugs on my server?
- Short answer, no. 16bugs has a few special requirements so we decided to go with a hosted approach which will be much more convenient for the people using it.
- Why isn't 16bugs available in my language?
- From the beginning, 16bugs was thought to be English-only and the terminology used site-wise is pretty standard, so it should be quite clear even for non-native speakers. We might translate it to other languages in the future, even though it is not in the to-do list for the near future.
- I have a problem logging in to my 16bugs account. What should I do?
- First of all, make sure your username and password are correct.
If the problem persists, you might want to try and delete all the cookies for 16bugs.com.
- I think I've just found a bug! What should I do?
- Please, report it as soon as possible.
Account & Billing
- Which plans are available? and how much are them?
- You can have a look at the pricing page.
- I have an open source project, can I have a discount?
- We are more than happy to help open source projects as we, too, rely on lots of OSS. Indeed, we are open to create custom plans for open source projects. Just send us an email and we'll get back to you right away.
- How can I upgrade/downgrade my account without loosing any of my data?
- It's really simple: you should go to "Subscription" section of your company, select the plan you want, click on the 'Pick a plan' button and just follow the simple payment procedure.
- How can I change my password?
- You can change it by going to your profile page.
- I forgot my password, what should I do?
- You can have a random password emailed to you, simply ask for it.
- Is it possible to try 16bugs before I buy it?
- We know if you try 16bugs, you'll fall in love with it in a couple of minutes. This is why we decided to create a free plan that allows you to try some of 16bugs's features for as long as you want, before you upgrade to a paid plan.
- I signed-up to join an existing company, can I join other companies or create a new company, too, with that same account?
- Sure, you have to sign-up once and you're then able to join and create as many companies as you want.